📦🖨️ Print Jam – XXLIQUIDATION TOTALEXX 🖨️📦 with publisher and Riso expert Paul John, publisher in residence El Corruptor and the PrintRoom Team
We were thrilled to have @pjpjpjpjpjpjpjpj on Saturday 30th May for a print jam and instruction session – as well as for a nice lunch in the☀️
Paul John is publisher of Endless Editions, co-organiser of the Brooklyn Art Book Fair and currently Riso-chef at the Jan Van Eyck Academie. He joined the team for a Riso PrintJAM, to say one last goodbye to our Temporary Take Away; the PrintRoom risography workspace at Rijnhoutplein, before the upcoming “liquidation totale” of this location, that has been affecting us and our lovely neighbours.
For the occasion we translated our mixed feelings about the fast changing neighbourhood onto paper to generate some awareness. We created a fun and colorful alphabet, where letters have been drawn, cut out, overlapped, scanned (from found objects at the workshop) with our two duplicators and printed on test prints from previous projects. What better way to celebrate this transition and our collaborators than by printing a bold statement and sticking it to our windows?
We had a great time and can’t wait to have another workshop together in the future!
Team members: Cengiz Menguc, Teuntje Fleur and our interns Carolina Cristallo, Juliette Douette and Izi Thexton
- 9 December 2022 – Bebe Books: Finale
- 2 December – Everyday Errors and Actions
- 24 November – PrintRoom’s Picks from Printed Matter’s NY Art Book Fair
- 10 November to 9 December – Publisher-in-Residence: Bebe Books
- 5 and 6 November – PrintRoom joins Zine Camp: Between Four Walls with Notes on Hapticity Collective
- 22 to 30 October – Our books at Hydra during Dutch Design Week
- 17 October – Holiday in the Archive: Interference Archive
- 13 to 16 October – Printed Matter’s NY Art Book Fair
- 21 September – Touch By Touch with Czar Kristoff
- 4 September – Publisher-in-Residence Czar Kristoff